Ibanez Artist Model 2630
- Serial No.: E794237
- Manufacture Date: May, 1979
- Original Purchase Date: December 1, 2007 via eBay Auction
- Body: Arched curly maple top and back with maple rims, full length sustain block
- Neck: Rock maple, set neck
- Fingerboard: Select ebony, pearl-abalone-pearl inlays, half-bone/half-brass nut, 22 VelveTouch frets (fat, though most likely refretted at some point)
- Pickups: Bridge: Ibanez Super 80; Neck: Ibanez Super 80 tri-sound
- Bridge: Ibanez Gibraltar (type 1) locking bridge
- Tailpiece: Ibanez Gibraltar (type 1) slotted tailpiece
- Controls: Individual volume and tone (using original SureGrip type 1 knobs), three-position pickup selector, tri-sound selector for neck pickup (up = out-of-phase humbucker; middle = single coil; down = humbucker)
- Machine Heads: Ibanez Velve-Tune double worm gear machines with pearloid buttons and locking nuts
- Harware: Gold plated
- Color: Antique Violin (AV)
- Condition Notes: Bridge, tail and "cloud" are new stock. Everything else shown on the guitar is original. I have the original pick guard and its mounting bracket (though binding has fallen off the guard).
- 1978 Catalog Page: Click here to see the original page scan
Note: All pictures are high-resolution. Click the picture to view the full-size version.
"Beauty" Shot with a Flash
"Beauty" Shot in Natural Light
Additional Natural Light Shots
NOTE: Repro Pick Guard (the one on the bottom of the photo) Is NOT Included In Sale!
All photos Copyright © 2009 Charles F. Evans, All Rights Reserved.
Back to www.chucke.com/guitars
Back to www.chucke.com